Noise Pollution And Its Harmful Effects
Elevation in sound levels leads to noise pollution. Continuous exposure to high decibel noise will disrupt your regular functioning creating imbalances in the surrounding. To protect your hearing capabilities and the ears, it is always good to avoid high-level noises. Noise pollution will also harm your health. First and foremost, ear damage will lead to cardiovascular issues and an increase in blood pressure. Noise pollution will trigger the production of stress hormones which will affect the blood vessels. An increase in stress hormones will also lead to a change in behaviour.
It is good to take measures to avoid high decibels at home, especially if you’ve kids and pets. Loud noises scare animals and disrupt their character and health. Children will lose focus and attention due to long exposure to loud noises. A roller shutter supplier in Singapore claims that open windows or glass panelled windows will not help reduce noise levels. Instead, you need to install a roller shutter. Roller shutters for windows offer loads of benefits for your home and the people living in it.
Effective Use Of Roller Shutters In Windows
Most of us have long rods and bars to secure the windows. But, installing a roller shutter offer much more benefits. It is easy to install a roller shutter if you have the required materials. The steps you need to take to install roller shutters are given below.
- Ensure to get high-quality shutters for better performance. It comes as a kit of items required for installation.
- The kit consists of a shutter box, belt roller, guide rails, curtain and belt rope. It also has an instruction manual.
- Read the instruction manual completely before you start installing. The manual has a pictorial representation that will help you understand the process better.
- Ensure to follow the steps and guidelines mentioned in the instruction manual. If you feel it cumbersome, you can contact a local expert to help you install the shutter.
- Drill holes on the wall to accurately fix all the guide rails at the correct angle. If need be, you might have to trim the guide rails to fit in seamlessly.
- Set the vertical rails and then fix the roller shutter with the help of guide ropes.
Some of the benefits of using roller shutters for windows are:
- Roller shutters are easy to use and are lightweight.
- Shutting down the roller shutter can instantly bring calm and quiet to the room.
- Roller shutters can effectively protect your home from burglary.
- Roller shutters are fire protected.
- It offers excellent insulation and also prevents the rays of sunlight from entering inside the home.
- Shutters come in different patterns and designs.
- It increases the visual appeal of the house.
Loud neighbours, barking dogs, noisy traffic or construction are some of the sources of noise pollution that can bring down the peace of your home. Roller shutters are the perfect solution to reduce all exterior noise to a great extent. It simply shuts off noise levels from entering the house. A peaceful home will be a haven after a tiring day. The soundproofing material used in roller shutters is effective in reducing noise levels. When firmly fixed, the shutters keep your home protected from fierce wind, rain and breeze. You will not have smashed windows during heavy rainy seasons.
Other Interesting Ideas To Soundproof Homes
When you want to spend quality time alone at home, silence needs to prevail. If the silence is disrupted, it will affect your mood. Apart from roller shutters, there are other means of soundproofing your home. Some of them are discussed here:
- Fix a thick window and door covers. It can significantly reduce the exterior noise levels.
- Have thick floor mats at different locations. It will help muffle exterior noises.
- Bookshelves filled with books and wardrobes are also good soundproofing ideas.
- Install soundproofing materials on the wall to completely shut off exterior noises.
These ideas could be a very time-consuming and expensive process to soundproof your home. Roller shutters will help achieve tranquillity and peace by lessening the noise levels almost immediately. Also Check Out – Expert tips on soundproofing your WFH space on a budget